Friday, March 21, 2008

Just catching up!


For those of you who didn't know, aging sometimes affects what you're thinking about and how you're thinking. A few months ago, I was kinda in a hurry about getting a hair cut, which Maureen usually does, and thought that I would save some time and do it myself which I will do a lot because it's easy. I just put the #7 attachment on the clippers and away I go. This time, however, in my hurry I forgot to put the attachment on and started to cut my hair. As I was cutting I noticed a lot of hair falling to the ground and thought to myself...man there's a lot of hair falling...did my hair grow that long? Listen to this bit of advice all you young men, a man on a mission sometimes needs to clearly look at all the angles before setting out on his mission! Anyway, as I neared the finish of the cut I took a look at the clippers and then reality hit me right between the ears, I had basically shaved my head with the exception of a little strand I missed!!! I walked into the house where Maureen was doing the dishes and proclaimed, " I think I just shaved my head!" In horror, she turned around and was speechless, not like when you just propose to your fiance with a ring kind of speechless but more like, "oh crap!" kind of speechless. My fears were immediately confirmed, my early onset of senelity had just raised it's ugly head! But oh the optimism of youth!...I thought, "it's hair...it'll grow back" I've cut my hair twice since then...and I've learned this one great lesson...let your wife do it!!!...she knows better!

2 comments:

Day by Day Design said...

That is so funny! So what happens if the wife is the one that shaves off your hair??... oops! I guess Jonathan is just out of luck

Marchelle said...

This picture and story still make me laugh!