Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our Sustaining Vote


What an honor it was to add our sustaining vote to President Monson! As we witnessed each group, quorum and then groups sustain President Monson, the thought came to me of what an experience for each young man and woman and member throughout the world who have not had such a unique opportunity to be able to stand and be a witness!! These solemn assemblies don't come around that often and so to have one come right to our living room in our own home was a very special moment. The spirit witnessed to me that President Monson is the prophet today and as he spoke in priesthood meeting last night you could see, through the sustaining raising of the hands and support of the members of the church that he spoke as a Prophet! Today, many will try to look for how his administration will differ than other presidents of the church but as I think back on all the prophets in my lifetime and what each was remembered by it comes back to this..."look to the Prophet and live." So today, we will feast upon his words and know that he speaks for our Heavenly Father!!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Hi! This is Candice Stewart/Brown. You probably don't even remember me, and I felt kind of silly checking out your blog, but I was so happy to see Nathan's little boy! He's so cute! Nathan is so good at flying under the radar. I never know what's going on with him, and I'm sure he's grateful for that! However, you should tell him to start a blog and keep in touch with his friends! I'm new to blogging, but I think it's so fun. My blog is rancanstewartfam.blogspot.com. If he's not into the whole blog thing I'll just have to keep snooping into your blog for new pictures. I also made my husband read the part about the Jazz. He's an avid Jazz fan, and I don't think he found it quite as funny as I did! :) Sorry for leaving such a long comment, but thanks for helping me spy on Nathan!