Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day

I really don't know why I am but today my thoughts are on my parents John and Gladys Muaina. Perhaps it was a block of scriptures that I was reading in Mosiah or maybe it was the Spoken Word by the Tabernacle Choir or because tomorrow is Memorial Day that reminded me of how much I miss my parents. I miss the strong embrace by my dad and the smell of his aftershave and I miss the warm knowing smile of my mother and the enthusiastic manner in which she encountered life even with it's trials. To me, they were all that I ever wanted to be even though in my youth you would have never known that. I am reminded that through my veins courses their blood and the blood of all my forefathers and that I have been blessed by great examples of faith and sacrifice both physically and spiritually. My emotions are really close to my heart but I just wanted to remember this Memorial Holiday my mom and dad and hope that I can bring honor to them in all that I do. I love you...Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

dmmuaina said...

Babe, I too miss your mom and dad. I love how they raised you to be a great dad and husband. Love, Maureen

The Croft's said...

Ditto Uncle. Grandpa and Grandma have been on my mind so much these last few months. I miss them a ton-- not to mention their cooking too!!