Saturday, July 19, 2008

et al...

Recently I have been preoccupied with other matters that have required my, almost total, attention. The most important matter being, without a job after a number of years, not totally blissful, but nonetheless gainful. Maureen confessed that she had been praying that I would find another avenue to get me out of the sun and physical labor but not to this extreme. As with a lot of prayers, the answer may not be to our liking but in the grander scheme of the plan it is what the master will is and not our will. And so I have to trust in "his will"and know that "he is." That is a truth, that is a constant and that will never change.... One other thing that I know will never change is the support, the faith and the prayers of family members both immediate and extended! It is not only humbling but it is love beyond measure and a uniting bond that cannot be broken. Now all the things that we "talk" about in priesthood, relief society, sunday school and sacrament about being true followers of Christ are being witnessed first hand by myself and Maureen. I have been the recipient of your faith and prayers. It is not a position that I am comfortable being in and the opposite end of the spectrum that I would prefer but I have felt the influence of all of your heartfelt prayers!! Maureen and I know that we will come out of this perhaps not "smelling like a rose" but more importantly with a knowledge that through the exercise of faith and prayers we've gained something even greater, a testimony of "family" and maybe.............. just maybe.................. a glimps of the eternities. We..........I............thank you all!!

No comments: