Sunday, December 7, 2008

Post Thanksgiving notes

Well, just had to chime in on what went on for Turkey day. As you can see, we're all smiles before dinner (actually this was a post dinner, dinner...) and then after dinner, as you can imagine, the smiles disappeared and were followed by looks of pain! I was actually proud of myself for only being able to eat one plate but the plate was the size of a pizza dish! I complained to Maureen that I could only eat one helping! Pie was a different story! Because everybody doesn't like pumpkin pie, Maureen decided to take orders so that everybody would have a pie that they liked. So we ended up having, pumpkin, apple, banana, pecan and cherry!!! Mmmmm!

The women really didn't like this picture butt the cameraman couldn't resist! Grandma and Grandpa came down to join us for dinner, which we really loved them coming down. Because of Grandma's sore leg she wasn't as mobile as she would have liked but each day she seemed to be getting more mobility in her leg. Grandpa would accompany me on my morning walks with Orland out in the desert and he would help me find golfballs that had been left from my previous days of walking the dog and practicing my drives.

Of course, during the weekend you had to play
games and one of those games has to be a rousing
one. Here they are playing "pit".










Kalie really getting into the lolipop action and watching the rousing game. She found a bff in Shaun.
All in all it was, as always, a good weekend to have family around and to just chill in Htown. We particularly love being surrounded by the sound of our grown children enjoying each other's company and the little voice running all over the house calling for Shaun. We appreciate that Grandma and Grandpa are such that they can truly have joy in their posterity be it here or in Utah or the news from the mission field. We believe that the magical moments of familial bonding which happen to our extended family are not by accident or happenstance but through faith and prayers of grandparents, parents and children. We look forward to repeating the same during the Christmas holidays! Hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!






















































2 comments:

Brenda said...

I love that you've posted again. I love to read your posts. I particularly loved the "butt" comment... too funny

The Croft's said...

I had to laugh when I saw your picture of you guys playing Pit. When Mom and Dad were in town everyone got together at our place and played a VERY LOUD game of pit. Of course, Mom and Auntie Sue--hands down were the loudest.