Thursday, June 26, 2008

Brother's unite!










It was a special occassion to be able to be with my brothers, John, Kendall, & Mike to support Autumn and her husband, who is also named Kendall, in their adoption of Alema. We hadn't been together for a couple of years and so this was special. I flew up on Thurs. night, stayed with Derek and then went fishing with Shaun and Derek at our "spot" on Friday. Of course, had a great time down on the stream and then Friday night we went to Salt Lake Temple to attend Alema's sealing to Autumn and Kendall Croft. What a special night it was!!! Then saturday, we decided to go to Thanksgiving Point to hit a few balls!!! That was plan 'B'. Plan 'A' was to go fishing after my brothers John and Kendall heard how we did on Friday. When the inquiry was made about the possibilities Derek and I just looked at each other reading each others' mind thinking that...."not going to be a very fun day, if we do indeed go fishing." The only thing that I kept going through my mind was figuring out how John was going to climb over barbed wire fences, climbing through them, wading through the stream and climbing through thistle and willows and then getting back to the car at the end of the day!!!! I had to quickly come up with an alternate plan, one that would be 'less stressful'. And so, you see everybody having fun hitting a bucket of balls. We had a great time!!!!!....and then we went to breakfast at, "One Man Band" restaurant in Lehi. Sunday, was the blessing and during that time everybody got together for pics on the steps of the chapel.




Pictured on the steps are: (fr) Ashley, Shaun, Krista, Autumn, holding Alema, Kelsi. (br) Kelland, Aubrey, Derek. All the cousins who were there. I really had an enjoyable time being with my bros. I couldn't have asked for a better week-end except having Maureen there also to share in my joy and of course Mom and Dad. I'm sure they were smiling this week-end.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

What a great weekend for you. I love the pictures with your brothers. Next time bring Maur and we'll have a sisters outing too, of course that might have to involve some shopping. . .he he!

Unknown said...

What a great blessing in Autumn & Kendall's life. That is so great that all her uncles were there to support her. I wish Maureen could have come too, but we are looking forward to being with your family at Bear Lake in couple of weeks.

Brenda said...

So Maureen and Dennis you have both been tagged. . . you will have to read my blog