Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Burrr!!!


I know it's the beginning of summer but it is already hot here in Las Vegas! Probably too hot for anything fun outside. So I thought I would go back 2 1/2 years ago when I went up to Idaho on a snowmobiling adventure with some of the guys in the ward. It was indeed an adventure as we were in snow well over our heads and in some areas over 20 ft. deep. We stayed in a cabin near Island Park and snowmobiled all day Friday, Saturday, rested on Sunday, then half day on Monday. Anyway, looking back at these pics kinda gives me the chills....so I know for some of you, you are all ready for the warm weather but for this island boy, I would much rather it be cold!!! Enjoy!
Snowmobiling is sooo much fun. To be able to go 80 mph on the trails with not much to worry about is really cool!! Some of the country we went through was awesome and eeriely quiet and almost like you were on another planet with the way the trees looked all iced up. Even though it was really, really cold, I still couldn't bring myself to wear pants up there. This might be a fun activity for the 'family' to think about as an alternate during another holiday break!!! Hey....I wonder if they snowmobile out at Lake Erie??? Marchelle, Nathan, we might have something to think about this winter!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!! We have enjoyed snowmobiling w/our kids the last couple of winters. It really is alot of fun. Since I, too, am currently sweltering in Vegas, a cool escape sounds very inviting. I love Island Park (having spent many summers there while growing up). I would love to take my family back. Thanks for sharing the photos!!
Yvonne