Thursday, June 19, 2008

Venting

I decided that I needed to vent because I am ticked off. I volunteered a while ago to teach an Enrichment class on Pizza making--not only traditional pizza but Rocky Road pizza, fruit pizza, peanut butter and honey pizza (for kids) Garden salad pizza, and a couple others. So I prepared for a few days--typed up all the recipes, copied them all, stapled them together, bought all the ingredients that cost me $45 and set up a bunch of chairs, cleaned my house and got my kitchen looking nice, etc. This morning, before I went to school, I made a big Rocky Road pizza and a fruit pizza so they could taste them tonight. After work I took Dennis to the airport and then came home and made a pizza dough (2 pizzas) that needed to set for 30 min. and was prepared to show everyone how to make it up to that point. Then we were going to assemble the pizzas and bake and eat. Well--7:00 came and went and one--yes 0ne--person came! Needlesstosay I canceled and am going to try freezing the pizzas that I made and I gave away the others. I am not happy about the support that I received. As Dennis said--"They stiffed the R.S. President!"
Maureen

4 comments:

Jenny and Jared said...

I don't blame you for needing to vent. I would be really mad too! I love reading your blog- we miss having you guys around here! Can't wait for Bear Lake!

Brenda said...

Been there, done that! I'm sorry, just remember it's the Lord that you're serving and He will never stiff you. You will be blessed for all the effort and the $ you spent

Day by Day Design said...

That is terrible! I can't believe no one showed up! I mean I am not exactly a regular at those, but hey if there is pizza I am there! Sorry you went through so much trouble! They sound delicious, do you think I could get the recipes??

Unknown said...

Maur, how sad! You better give it to the sisters in your ward on Sunday!! I would be really upset too. So when are you going to teach us, I didn't know that you had so many recipes for pizza! Love ya