Saturday, June 7, 2008

WIP - (work in progress)


As you can see the grass is gone and the shrubs have been replaced with different ones. My artistic side has come out with the block wall facing the front sidewalk. Notice the two swells and then the returns towards the house, as they return they curve inward towards each other. Maureens first impression of the curves was that I was trying to symbolize certain female frontal anatomical parts!!! Butt!! on the contrary, if you were to look at the shape from the top you could clearly see that it will take on a "Heart" shape because there is 'a lot of love' in this project!! Within the heart will be grass and in between the grass and the house will be a paved sitting area with approaches from the corner of the sidewalk coming off the driveway and the front porch.

Of course, I had to bust out my Lakers shorts while working in the yard and doing my best impression of an illegal alien. Like the way my outfit is coordinated???? Maureen would definitely not approve...again!.......with the way I dress for this job but you know I'm getting older, perhaps wiser but more importantly a lot more self assured in my feelings of self-worth where I really don't care what other people think!!!! I'm at peace with myself!!!! Ha!!!!!
Anyway, it's hot right now so I thought I'd come in and cool off before going out for another lick. Will keep everybody updated with pics and thoughts as the project moves towards completion...I am excited to finally get a picture in my head about the final look!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a lot of work!! But it will look great. To bad we don't live closer so we could help, darn!
Love ya,
Lisa

Jamie said...

im so excited to see it in a few weeks :)

Brenda said...

Good for you! We're thinking of making some changes to our yard to. The key word there is "thinking", it's hard to get past that part. Your work is an inspiration. . .maybe we'll start now!

R Richins Family said...

Hope you are working early to avoid the heat. Coming down next week for a quick trip. Maybe we will see you
Randy